English-Grammar - Emphasizing Adjectives


English-Grammar

Emphasizing Adjectives

 

The adjectives which are used to lay stress on the proceeding noun are called the emphasizing adjectives. They are also used to emphasize statements. They heighten or reduce the effect of the noun they are modifying. Even if they are taken away, the sentence will still make complete sense.

Emphasizing adjectives are words that are used to emphasize nouns.

Examples:

·      I saw him with my own eyes.

·      This was the very toy that my child wanted.

·      Mind your own business.

·      Mind your own language.

·      They have to arrange their own lunch.

·      Why don’t you come on your own bike?

·      This is the very car my son wanted.

·      This is the very book I got.

·      This accident took place before my very eyes.

·      The very moment she appears, I will embrace her.

·      Our friends did all the arrangements with their own efforts.

·      I like some of his songs but most are complete rubbish.

·      Eating an ice-cream cone on a hot day is pure bliss.

·      I think he speaks utter nonsense most of the time.

·      Many immigrants are treated with outright disdain.

·      Jenny thinks John is a complete moron.

·      The contents of the document must be treated with absolute secrecy. 

Post a Comment

0 Comments