Skip to main content

Time Quotes - I'm Old-Fashioned

 

Time Quotes

I'm Old-Fashioned 

“They say I'm old-fashioned, and live in the past, but sometimes I think progress progresses too fast!”

― Dr. Seuss

 

“I sit beside the fire and think

Of all that I have seen

Of meadow flowers and butterflies

In summers that have been

 

Of yellow leaves and gossamer

In autumns that there were

With morning mist and silver sun

And wind upon my hair

 

I sit beside the fire and think

Of how the world will be

When winter comes without a spring

That I shall ever see

 

For still there are so many things

That I have never seen

In every wood in every spring

There is a different green

 

I sit beside the fire and think

Of people long ago

And people that will see a world

That I shall never know

 

But all the while I sit and think

Of times there were before

I listen for returning feet

And voices at the door”

― J.R.R. Tolkien

 

“Scars have the strange power to remind us that our past is real.”

― Cormac McCarthy, All the Pretty Horses

 

“This is a new year. A new beginning. And things will change.”

― Taylor Swift

 

“Unfortunately, the clock is ticking, the hours are going by. The past increases, the future recedes. Possibilities decreasing, regrets mounting.”

― Haruki Murakami, Dance Dance Dance

 

“Here we are, trapped in the amber of the moment. There is no why.”

― Kurt Vonnegut

 

“Time is a created thing. To say 'I don't have time,' is like saying, 'I don't want to.”

― Lao Tzu

 

“It's hard being left behind. (...) It's hard to be the one who stays.”

― Audrey Niffenegger, The Time Traveler's Wife

 

“Time is an illusion.”

― Albert Einstein

 

“The past is never dead. It's not even past.”

― William Faulkner, Requiem for a Nun

 

“It's being here now that's important. There's no past and there's no future. Time is a very misleading thing. All there is ever, is the now. We can gain experience from the past, but we can't relive it; and we can hope for the future, but we don't know if there is one.”

― George Harrison

 

“You may delay, but time will not.”

― Benjamin Franklin

 

“The timeless in you is aware of life's timelessness. And knows that yesterday is but today's memory and tomorrow is today's dream.”

― Khalil Gibran, The Prophet

 

“Those who make the worst use of their time are the first to complain of its brevity.”

― Jean de La Bruyère, Les Caractères

 

“Time is a game played beautifully by children.”

― Heraclitus, Fragments

 

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”

― Bill Watterson

 

“Being with you and not being with you is the only way I have to measure time.”

― Jorge Luis Borges

 

“It’s dark now and I am very tired. I love you, always. Time is nothing.”

― Audrey Niffenegger, The Time Traveler's Wife

 

“My past is everything I failed to be.”

― Fernando Pessoa, The Book of Disquiet

 

“The strongest of all warriors are these two — Time and Patience.”

― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Nature by Samuel Taylor Coleridge (Poem, Summary, & Analysis)

  To Nature by Samuel Taylor Coleridge (Poem, Summary, & Analysis)   To Nature   It may indeed be fantasy when I Essay to draw from all created things Deep, heartfelt, inward joy that closely clings; And trace in leaves and flowers that round me lie Lessons of love and earnest piety. So let it be; and if the wide world rings In mock of this belief, it brings Nor fear, nor grief, nor vain perplexity. So will I build my altar in the fields, And the blue sky my fretted dome shall be, And the sweet fragrance that the wild flower yields Shall be the incense I will yield to Thee, Thee only God! and thou shalt not despise Even me, the priest of this poor sacrifice.   Summary The speaker begins by acknowledging that it might seem like a fantasy when he attempts to find deep, sincere, and inward joy in all created things. He tries to draw emotional and spiritual satisfaction from the natural world around him—such as leaves and flo...

The World is Too Much with Us by William Wordsworth (Poem, Summary & Analysis)

The World is Too Much with Us by William Wordsworth ( Poem,  Summary & Analysis)     William Wordsworth was born on 7th of April, 1770 at Cockermouth. His father was John Wordsworth and mother was Anne Cookson. He was second of the five children of his parents, the others being Richard, Dorothy, John and Christopher. He was educated at Hawkshead Grammar School and St. John College, Cambridge from where he did his B.A. in 1791. He went to France in 1791 and stayed there for a period of one year. During this time he was greatly influenced by the French Revolution which was at its peak at that time in France. He published his first volume of poems in 1793. In 1795 he got a chance to meet S.T. Coleridge and soon they became life time friends. Wordsworth along with his sister, Dorothy and S.T. Coleridge with his wife were neighbours to each other at Alfoxden and Stowey in Somerset for one year. In 1798, both the poets together published Lyrical Ballads which is consi...

Chandalika by Rabindranath Tagore (Summary & Analysis)

  Chandalika by Rabindranath Tagore (Summary & Analysis)   Rabindranath Tagore was a remarkable and multi-talented Indian personality who lived during the late 19th and early 20th centuries. He was a poet, philosopher, artist, musician, and playwright. Tagore was born in 1861 in Calcutta, India, and he came from a family of intellectuals and artists. He is widely celebrated for his contributions to literature and culture. Tagore's writing is known for its deep and insightful exploration of human emotions, nature, and spirituality. He wrote beautiful poems, stories, and songs that continue to inspire people even today. His most famous work is the poem "Gitanjali," which earned him the Nobel Prize in Literature in 1913. This award made him the first non-European to receive such an honor. Beyond his writing, Tagore also played a significant role in India's struggle for independence from British rule. He used his creative talents to raise awareness about s...